FILM ROUTE IN FESTIVALS
A NEW PROGRAMME BY PASSEURS D’IMAGES
- Promote access to film festivals for public from working-class neighbourhoods through providing support and partnership.
- Promote access to the culture and social diversity by mixing public together.
- To facilitate, the participants (youth, as well as supervisors), a route where they will simultaneously play the role of viewers, reporters and critics (autonomy skills responsibility, experience of mobility).
- Ownership and participation of people who benefit from the artistic programme : participation in the film selection, direction and organisation of the interview.
- Build educational projects together with partners, conceived as playful activities.
- Promote all actions taken by festivals and social structures, and all interviews produced to a national level.
A simple programme
The Route is established in partnership with beneficiaries according to a clearly defined schedule. It contains (for at least one day spent at the film festival) :
- Two screenings (minimum) selected among the festival’s programming.
- Meeting with a director (or a festival representative). Interview of the personality attending the festival, produced by participants.
- Optional : participation in other festival activities : exhibition, master class, etc.
Extracurricular educational programme aimed at people living in working-class neighbourhoods or with access difficulties to certain cultural practises (Passeurs d’images’ target audience) : to experience behind the scene activities during a festival, meet filmmakers and understanding the process of film creation, discover different cinemas, participate actively in a nationally recognized event, open to new horizons, other thoughts, other people, etc.
- Youth or people from priority districts.
- Youth supervised by the PJJ (Judicial Youth Protection).
- People supported by charity associations.
- Youth from rural areas.
- Projects focusing on youth and gender diversity (girl/boy) will be favoured.
- The programme will be evaluated according to a simple criteria :
- Participation of participants/beneficiaries/recipients for the implementation of the action.
- Quality and interest of the films produced.
- Sustainable partnerships.
- Quantitative and qualitative results.
- Programme developed together with additional actions.
- Questionnaires, supervision of participants/beneficiaries/recipients, partners, etc.
- Actions taken will be promoted through :
- The inclusion of the action in the promotional program structures.
- The online availability of all conducted interviews in the three structures.
- The conducted interviews will benefit from a special display on Passeurs d’images’ websites. They will form a collection of “lessons on cinema” gathered in a national catalogue.
- Interviews will be projected in social centres. This projection will be highlighted by Passeurs d’images’ intermediaries and by local structures in order to give an account of the action to the participants’ guardianships and close relatives and to the public.
- The best films will be awarded with a Price and will be screened at Passeurs d’images’ National Forum.
The Route can be run by one of the three structures.
THE SOCIAL OR YOUTH STRUCTURE
Youth (Youth and Culture centres...) and social structures (Family Allowance Office...), charity (SPF, Restos du Cœur...) or others. To qualify and to give meaning to all offered activities, to revitalize a social bond through a collective effort, to benefit from the energy displayed on a territory, to go out of occupational activities, to integrate themselves in the cultural fabric of a region, etc.
- The structure gathers and supervises participants during their trip.
- The social structure “guarantees” the presence of young people (or participants) from the area and built an educational project, taking into account the ‘upstream’ and ‘downstream’ of the action.
- Construction of an educational, cultural and artistic project : preparation of young people for the event and for conducting the interviews.
Festival programming films and/or audio-visual works, centred on animated images, etc. To help festivals usually not involved with such activities, to revitalize those who implement similar actions, to create a social and cultural link between regional partners, etc.
- The festival offers an artistic route and ensures its quality.
- This cultural route is built, together with other partners, by the festival : film selection (among the festival’s programming), and selection of the interviewee.
- The festival organizes the planning and supports the social structure in its action.
- The festival organises a particular meeting with the interviewed film personality : meeting, place, technical means.
- The festival can propose additional activities : exhibitions visit, other projections or meetings with personalities, master class, etc.
PASSEURS D’IMAGES’ INTERMEDIARY
A joint committee (or an intermediary) working for Passeurs d’images supports and promotes the action : local, regional or national joint committee, cinema, film or audio-visual professional association, multimedia library, etc.
- Support of the overall organisation of the trip, search for additional means.
- Implementation of young people’s preparation to films and to the interview : how a film festival works, what to think of its programming, how to analyse films, how to be technically prepared.
- Follow-up and supervision of the action.
- Promotion of both the project and the conducted interview.